Semester Programs: NSSR
Students at The New School’s New School for Social Research may consider opportunities to study abroad for a semester in an established exchange program, depending on their major. Current exchange programs for NSSR students are located in Germany and include:
- Bamberg University (Economics)
- Bremen University (Economics)
- Goethe Frankfurt University (Economics, Political Theory)
- Humboldt University Berlin (Sociology)
- Ruhr University, Bochum (Economics)
- Technical University of Dresden (All Majors)
NSSR students may also be eligible to apply to study abroad programs through New School affiliated third-party provider organizations. To see graduate level program opportunities offered by these organizations, search here.
Many NSSR students will also undertake a semester abroad to conduct research and fieldwork toward their thesis and other degree activities. Students are highly encouraged to consider applying for international education fellowships and grants to assist them in these activities at locations worldwide. The New School Study Abroad office can provide more information to students on how to apply for international education fellowships and grant awards for graduate study and research abroad, such as:
- Boren Fellowships (various locations eligible)
- Chateaubriand Fellowships (study/research in France)
- DAAD Long-Term Research Grants (study/research in Germany)
- DAAD Short-Term Research Grants (study/research in Germany)
- DAAD Study Scholarships (study/research in Germany))
- Fulbright U.S. Student Program Grants (various locations eligible)
NSSR students are also encouraged to consider graduate-level and other unique summer and short-term study abroad programs to supplement their academic pursuits. Featured programs for NSSR students include the Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) program, the Democracy and Diversity Institute in Wroclaw, Poland and the International Field Program (IFP), which may incorporate semester course study at The New School with summer study, research, and/or fieldwork abroad opportunities.
For more information on any of these programs or to discuss any opportunities further, contact: email@example.com.