Semester Programs: CoPA
Students at The New School’s College of Performing Arts may consider opportunities to study abroad for a semester in an established exchange program or a New School affiliated third-party provider program, depending on their school and major requirements.
- Mannes School of Music students must discuss any plans to study abroad with their advisor prior to starting the application process in order to determine the program's suitability toward their academic progress.
- School of Drama students may only pursue a semester of study abroad in the second semester of their sophomore year and are encouraged to begin planning for the application process in their Freshman year.
- School of Jazz and Contemporary Music students must meet all lessons/ensemble requirements for their major when choosing a semester study abroad program.
Exchange ProgramsBelow is a list of established exchange programs pre-approved for students in the CoPA school identified. Click on the program link to learn more and submit a study abroad application.
- Conservatorium van Amsterdam - Amsterdam, The Netherlands (School of Jazz and Contemporary Music)
- National University of Ireland (NUI) Galway - Galway, Ireland (School of Drama)
- Rose Bruford College - London, United Kingdom (School of Drama)
Third-Party Provider ProgramsNew School affiliated third-party program providers include:
- API Abroad
- CAPA Global Programs
- CIS Abroad
- DIS Abroad
- IES Abroad
- SAI Programs
- SIT Study Abroad
- Syracuse University Abroad
More OpportunitiesCoPA students are also encouraged to consider experiential and other unique summer and short-term study abroad programs to supplement their academic pursuits. Students may wish to pursue these opportunities for academic credit or for personal enrichment either in conjunction with or in addition to a semester study course or program.
For more information on any of these programs or to discuss any opportunities further, contact: email@example.com.