Skip to content

Semester Programs: CoPA

CoPA horizontal
Students at The New School’s College of Performing Arts may consider opportunities to study abroad for a semester in an established exchange program or a New School affiliated third-party provider program, depending on their school and major requirements. 
  • Mannes School of Music students must discuss any plans to study abroad with their advisor prior to starting the application process in order to determine the program's suitability toward their academic progress.
  • School of Drama students may only pursue a semester of study abroad in the second semester of their sophomore year and are encouraged to begin planning for the application process in their Freshman year.
  • School of Jazz and Contemporary Music students must meet all lessons/ensemble requirements for their major when choosing a semester study abroad program.

Exchange Programs

Below is a list of established exchange programs pre-approved for students in the CoPA school identified. Click on the program link to learn more and submit a study abroad application.  

Third-Party Provider Programs 

New School affiliated third-party program providers include: To apply for an approved New School affiliated third-party provider study abroad program, submit the GoAbroad application for the program, which you may find by using the GoAbroad search tool or by viewing the complete GoAbroad program listing directory. To apply to a New School affiliated third-party provider program that does not currently have a GoAbroad application listing, please use the: Third Party Programs application to apply. Students should consult with their Study Abroad Advisor to confirm their suitability in a program. Students may reach study abroad advising by contacting:

More Opportunities

CoPA students are also encouraged to consider experiential and other unique summer and short-term study abroad programs to supplement their academic pursuits. Students may wish to pursue these opportunities for academic credit or for personal enrichment either in conjunction with or in addition to a semester study course or program.

For more information on any of these programs or to discuss any opportunities further, contact: