Semester Programs: SPE
Undergraduate students at The New School’s Schools of Public Engagement may consider opportunities to study abroad for one or more semesters through a New School affiliated third-party provider program. Affiliated third-party program providers include:
- API Abroad
- CAPA Global Programs
- CIS Abroad
- DIS Abroad
- IES Abroad
- SAI Programs
- SIT Study Abroad
- Syracuse University Abroad
SPE GraduateGraduate students at The New School’s Schools of Public Engagement may consider opportunities to study abroad for a semester in an established exchange program during their degree to enhance their academic studies, depending upon their major. Current exchange programs for SPE graduate students include:
- Karlsruhe University of Arts and Design (HfG / Hochschule für Gestaltung) - Karlsruhe, Germany (MA Media Studies, MS Media Management)
- Sciences Po - Paris, France (Graduate Program in International Affairs - GPIA, MS Public and Urban Policy)
SPE students may also be eligible to apply to study abroad programs through New School affiliated third-party provider organizations. To see graduate level program opportunities offered by these organizations, search here.
Many SPE graduate students will also undertake a semester abroad to conduct research and fieldwork toward their thesis and other degree activities. Students are highly encouraged to consider applying for international education fellowships and grants to assist them in these activities at locations worldwide. The New School Study Abroad office can provide more information to students on how to apply for international education fellowships and grant awards for graduate study and research abroad, such as:
- Boren Fellowships (various locations eligible)
- Chateaubriand Fellowships (study/research in France)
- DAAD Long-Term Research Grants (study/research in Germany)
- DAAD Short-Term Research Grants (study/research in Germany)
- DAAD Study Scholarships (study/research in Germany))
- Fulbright U.S. Student Program Grants
More OpportunitiesAll SPE students are also encouraged to consider experiential and other unique summer and short-term study abroad programs to supplement their academic pursuits. Featured programs for SPE students include the Critical Language Scholarship (CLS) program, the Democracy and Diversity Institute in Wroclaw, Poland and the International Field Program (IFP), which may incorporate semester course study at The New School with summer study, research, and/or fieldwork abroad opportunities.
For more information on any of these programs or to discuss any opportunities further, contact: email@example.com.