The break between the Fall and Spring semester can be an advantageous period to study abroad! Formally the January Intensive Session period at The New School, this short-term break between semesters offers students just the right amount of time to dip into a short-term study abroad program, either as its own global experience or even to find out if a longer-term study abroad experience such as over summer or during a semester is right for the future.
For coursework taken during study abroad in the January session, any academic credit earned will be posted on New School's students' academic transcripts for the following Spring semester. Students interested in January session programs should be mindful of the program dates to ensure there is not an overlap with their required start date of classes in the Spring semester.
Below, check out January session programs offered through The New School or its affiliated study abroad program partner providers to find the program opportunity that is right for you. All programs below only offer undergraduate academic credit award opportunities.
For any questions or to learn more about study abroad, contact email@example.com.
January Session Study Abroad Programs
- API Abroad: Jan Term in Prague, Czech Republic
- API Abroad: Jan Term in Madrid, Spain
- API Abroad: Jan Term in Lisbon, Portugal
- API Abroad: Jan Term in Havana, Cuba
- CIS Abroad January European Culture: Rome, Aix, Marseilles, Paris, London, & Prague
- CIS Abroad January in Tokyo - J.F. Oberlin University
- CIS Abroad January Islamic Civilization in History: France, Morocco, and Spain
- CIS Abroad January Mediterranean History, Politics, and Culture: Italy and Spain
- CIS Abroad January Mediterranean, Food, Culture, and Society: Spain, Italy, and Greece
- Food Culture and Tourism: Dominican Republic